Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Listening to "Brethren Reproved of Spiritual Dangers" by Art Bulla on BlogTalkRadio http://ping.fm/JX9e1

Brethren Reproved of Spiritual Dangers
by Art Bulla

Sun, Aug 28, 2011

The dangers discussed were those posed by influence wielded by family and the word of the Lord concerning working in Babylon and pursuing a career therein. The commandment is to "seek first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you..." Specifically the command from the Lord is "not to do another day's work, nor lay out another dollar to build up a Gentile city or nation."

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. (Matt 6:24)

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. Matt 6.

What little wealth I have got, I have obtained since I have been in this Church. What I had when I came into the Church I gave away to my friends. I had no family except two children. I can hardly say that either, for when I came into the Church I had a wife, but in a very few months after I was baptized I lost her, and she left me two little girls. I gave away what I had, and I started to preach the Gospel. I was obliged to do it, for I felt as though my bones would consume within me if I did not, consequently I devoted my time to preaching. I traveled, toiled, labored and preached continually. Brigham Young; (Journal of Discourses, 26 vols., 16:, p.70)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home