Monday, November 14, 2011

Listening to http://ping.fm/2O2r8

Ostracism of the Servants of God
by Art Bulla
Sun, Nov 13, 2011

Those who cannot bear the light, flee to darkness because of discomfort, hence rudeness, malevolence, hatred, crufifiction, stoning, ostracism of the servants of God.

The Gospel of salvation is perfectly calculated to cause division. It strikes at the root of the very existence of mankind in their wickedness, evil designs, passions, and wicked calculations. There is no evil among the human family, but at the foundation of which it strikes effectually, and comes in contact with every evil passion that rises in the heart of man. It is opposed to every evil practice of men, and consequently it disturbs them in the wicked courses they are pursuing.
Whenever the Gospel is preached in towns, cities, country places, or in any community who are in darkness, it never fails to bring light; it manifests their ignorance; it distracts them, and annoys their peace. They say, "I supposed I was wise, happy, comfortable, and well enough off; but here comes something that informs me I am mistaken, that this and the other thing are wrong. It reflects light upon my understanding, and teaches me that my acts, while I live upon the earth, should tend to the glory of God and the peace of mankind. This naturally seems contrary to my feelings, disposition, passions, and traditions, and to every thing about me, except the reflection of truth upon my mind, which enlightens my understanding, and teaches me to glorify God, and do good to my fellow creatures."
The Gospel is not only calculated to divide the people, but it will divide sin from those who embrace it with a true heart. We see almost every principle of righteousness discarded. ...but a few steps more... and complete them in their rebellion against all good and its Author.

Brigham Young (Journal of Discourses Vol1:, p.235-236)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home