Thursday, October 30, 2014

How to Tell True from False Prophets, and the Holy Ghost

Art Bulla

 

How to Tell True from False Prophets, and the Holy Ghost

last Tuesday

 

  Download Default player New Window< />Embed

 

Section 29 of The Revelations of Jesus Christ read and discussed which contains keys for detecting true from false prophets.  Also Section 17 which gives the same for discerning whether a spirit or singing or trembling, fainting, etc is of God or a false spirit.

 

From Section 29:

 

1 Yea, thus saith the Lord, can a bitter fountain bring forth good water, or a can a man being evil, do that which is good?

 2 For it is, saith the Lord, that by their fruits ye shall know them.

 3 For the fruits of my spirit, saith the Lord, do they not testify of me, even Jesus Christ, whom ye have hitherto not known?

 4 And that which testifieth of me, is it not by me, saith the Lord God of Israel?

 5 For I am he that doth speak unto thee, through the medium of mine appointment as in times of old, O Israel, who have been scat­tered among the nations.

 6 Now is the time, saith the Lord, for thy regath­ering unto mine anointed as in times of old that I the Lord God shall remem­ber thee, O Israel, and lead thee by  power such as has not been seen bef­ore or since, yea, even from Babylon with an out­stretched arm as Moses, which is fallen.

 7 Therefor that which is sent of me, doth not conflict and  con­tradict my words and my pur­pos­es which I have spoken through the mouths of others of my servants the Prophets, even Brigham Young and others, con­cerning Israel, and any­thing which contradicteth these my servants who have gone before is of the devil and is false, though it be a Spencer Kimball, who is a false prophet, saith the Lord God of Israel…


  • The Revelations of Jesus Christ: http://bookstore.iuniverse.com/Products/SKU-000020307/The-Revelations-of-Jesus-Christ.aspx
  • "But we ask, does it remain for a people who never had faith enough to call down one scrap of revelation from heaven, and for all they have now are indebted to the faith of another people...does it remain for them to say how much God has spoken and how much He has not spoken?"  Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Two 1834-37 Pg.60
  •  Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Six 1843-44 Pg.365
       When a man goes about prophesying, and commands men to obey his teachings, he must either be a true or false prophet.
     
  •  Our website: http://www.artbulla.com
  •  "All men are liars who say they are of the true Church without the revelations of Jesus Christ and the Priesthood of Melchizedek, which is after the order of the Son of God."  Joseph Smith; TPJS p. 376
  • "He that can mark the power of Omnipotence, inscribed upon the heavens, can also see God's own handwriting in the sacred volume: and he who reads it oftenest will like it best, and he who is acquainted with it, will know the hand wherever he can see it...." (T.P.J.S., p. 56)

·         10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. (New Testament | Galatians 1:10 - 12)

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home