Friday, December 2, 2011

Call from Henrik in the Netherlands

Listening to "Henrik from the Netherlands Call" by Art Bulla on #BlogTalkRadio  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/artbulla/2011/11/30/henrik-from-the-netherlands-call
 

Henrik plans to travel to embrace the New Covenant, by way of baptism. One of his magnificent emails:

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 11:52 AM, henrik ferdinand metz <rik.metz@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello Art, in the show of 17 oct I heard the news that Jesse could no longer follow your doctrines and calling, presumably because of your last "cat in the bag". I waited to respond and thought it wiser to listen to the 19 and 21 oct show before any comment. So it turns out that he fell away indeed. What a loss, particularly for himself, but also for us (I did learn some things from him) and for the missionary work he was going to do in Independance with the sectarians over there. What Is he going to do now? Look for a better Mighty and Strong? Where is he going to find him? Or turn away from the light entirely? Once you have discovered a part of truth you have to stick with it, or it will be taken from you and you will find yourself under condemnation. Are we not obliged to seek the truth and to love God above all (and get to know Him first)? Where will he go? I do hope he will realise his error eventually and return to the right pattern. When I was listening to that show that he was on, I could hear his doubts. I have always found him somewhat doubtful, but there is so much of evidence in your message that if one likes to rationalise things (which he liked to do, too much I think) one has to admit the truthfullness of it. But do not reason too much because at the end of the day you will have reasoned out the Spirit of God and you will find yourself alone, with your doubts, and with the adversary, and that is a position one has to avoid at all cost. Lay aside your books said Brigham Young.
About this co-messiahship as you call it, that doctrine seems quite logical to me. Our salvation needs a deliverer, a savior, call it a messiah -as a mediator- whether it be for our personal salvation or for the political, national salvation of our people or tribe. And if it was not possible for one messiah to accomplish both of these aspects of our salvation, we need two of those messengers.
I believe it was the purpose of Jesus to establish both of these aspects of salvation, why else did He command the people to seek the Kingdom of Heaven first? Unfortunately He was not able to bring this to pass because He was not accepted by the Jews.
Your claim is to bring to pass -with God and his angels- the redemption of Zion, which implies the national salvation of Ephraim. So when you claim to be that deliverer and that claim is true (which I strongly believe), you may consider and call yourself the messiah for this part of salvation that you are called to bring forth. Consequently are we obliged to give due respect to that special calling to perform the priesthood ordinances in that name, the One Mighty and Strong. And if we are asked to end our prayers in that name also, so be it; a Messiah is a Messiah and that is no small thing. So if this is a test from the Lord I have no problem with it.
As far as the priesthood ordinances are concerned, and as I understand these are connected to the political kingdom, these have to be performed in the name of the messiah for that particular calling. And as far as the personal salvation is concerned, for which Jesus sacrificed himself, to bring forth the atonement, the prayers for baptism and sacrament should be in the name of that messiah, the Only Begotten One, Jesus the Christ. As I understand this will still be the case. Correct me if my reasoning above is not correct.
So I have no problem with this new cat in the bag whatsoever. All seems quite logic to me. And I want to add we also should honour the one who committed his whole adult life to this work, under much hardship and personal sacrifice. And also I can say you have a deliverer to me personal, having delivered me of much ignorance, false doctrine and of belief in the false notion that we can not be led astray.
Let this be all for now, all the best and greet the brethren. I am very glad about Matt being baptised now. Goodbye, Henrik
  • Att7a29c
    The Revelations of Jesus Christ:
    http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0-595-28287-3 
  • "But we ask, does it remain for a people who never had faith enough to call down one scrap of revelation from heaven, and for all they have now are indebted to the faith of another people...does it remain for them to say how much God has spoken and how much He has not spoken?"  Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Two 1834-37 Pg.60
  •  Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Six 1843-44 Pg.365
       When a man goes about prophesying, and commands men to obey his teachings, he must either be a true or false prophet.
     
  •  Our website: http://www.artbulla.com
  •  "All men are liars who say they are of the true Church without the revelations of Jesus Christ and the Priesthood of Melchizedek, which is after the order of the Son of God."  Joseph Smith; TPJS p. 376
  • "He that can mark the power of Omnipotence, inscribed upon the heavens, can also see God's own handwriting in the sacred volume: and he who reads it oftenest will like it best, and he who is acquainted with it, will know the hand wherever he can see it...." (T.P.J.S., p. 56)

·         10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. (New Testament | Galatians 1:10 - 12)

Posted via email from The Redemption of Zion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home