Thursday, September 25, 2014

The 2nd Greatest Doctrine Found in Holy Writ

Art Bulla

The 2nd Greatest Doctrine Found in Holy Writ

last Tuesday

 

Download Default player New Window < />Embed

 

"The decreed mission of the 'One Mighty and Strong' is the second greatest and the second most glorious doctrine found in holy writ. It is a most logical event. It is divine. If records did not reveal his coming, and the Church offered membership in her institution as the only necessary requirement for one to enter Zion when it is redeemed; then that very principle would prove her a man‑made institution. On the other hand, if her doctrines set forth that God has "one mighty and strong" who is to come and weed out the unworthy, and judge the remainder of us a little more severely...then that indicates she is divine." Francis Michael Darter; Zion's Redemption, p. 114; 1933; Deseret News Publishing Co.

Please see Lecture No. 1 for scriptural evidence

The 2nd Greatest Doctrine Found in Holy Writ

hou fool who crieth blasphemy because I, the Father, have called him my Son also. Yea, why do ye imagine a vain thing, saith the Lord? Yea, why do the heathen rage? For it is that because I have one witness, even Jesus, ye need not suppose that I the Father cannot give another, for this day have I begotten him also.  Therefore, speak not of things which ye know not of, for him also I have sent unto you, that ye may have another son and witness of me, the Father, the greatest of all.  And thus all may become my sons, even the sons of God and sit down with us in my kingdom, and all that I have, saith the Father, shall be given them also, for they shall be co-heirs with these two, one for Ephraim, and one of Judah.  Even so, learn of me, for my words are not thy words, and my thoughts are not your thoughts.  For it is that the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing.  The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,  Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.  He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.  Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.  Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.  I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.  Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.  Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.  Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.  Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.  Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little.  Blessed are all they that put their trust in him. For did I not speak through Moses that I the Lord God would raise up a man like unto Moses.  For verily, the Deliverer has come out of Zion, saith the Lord and shall sit upon my holy hill in Zion.  For he, saith the Lord, is the Messiah to Ephraim, to deliver thee from bondage, as I  spoke in that day through John Taylor, my servant, that in the time of the seventh president, that the people would go into bondage, both temporally and spiritually.  And that in that day of bondage the One Mighty and Strong should come.  Even so, he is here now, saith the Lord, and him ye shall hearken and obey or ye shall be cut off from among the people who are of the covenant.  Even so kiss the son lest the Lord be angry with thee.  Amen.  Revelation received September 1, 2013, Baja, Mexico.

Francis Michael Darter Wrote in 1933:

"This Priesthood is to remain exclusively with us 'UNTIL the restoration of all things,' which I've tried to prove to my readers will be the time of the coming of these great leaders whom God has reserved and will send to complete the restoration of all things' and to bring to a close the work of redeeming Zion and Jerusalem. These leaders will come holding their own respective Priesthood rights. In reference to John the regulator the record says again quote unto rightly belongs the Priesthood,' etc.

"Now, there is no question but that our exclusive Priesthood rights will terminate at their coming. These leaders are coming to assist us, but never to obtain authority, to bow or seek permission to proceed. The man who interferes with the work of these future prophets will surely be swept aside. It is to this end that these lines are presented to the world that those who are not informed may become learned and not make a serious mistake to oppose the mission of these mighty leaders even now and when they appear to complete their mission.

"Now as the Lord has expressed His dissatisfaction and is to send judgments against us, why not publish His warnings that the people may know and repent? The theory that in an investigator or convert should not know these things is wrong. Lay the full facts before him, for he has intelligence. God's warning words will assist them to choose the 'straight and narrow path.' I quote: 'Whosoever believeth on my words, them will I visit with the manifestation of my spirit; and they shall be born of me, even of water and of the Spirit. And their testimony shall also go forth unto the condemnation of this generation if they harden their hearts against them; for the desolating scourge shall go forth among the inhabitants of the earth, and shall continue to be poured out from time to time, if they repent not, until the earth is empty, and the inhabitants thereof are consumed away and utterly destroyed by the brightness of my coming.' (Doctrine and Covenants 5:16–19) Francis Michael Darter; Zion's Redemption; Deseret News Publishing Co., 1933

 

An Earlier Program:

Second Greatest Doctrine Identified

Art Bulla

last Thursday

Play in your default playerDownload this episodeOpen in new window

·          

The following, refers to the second witness of my Father, the Messiah to Ephraim and Manessah and closely parallels DC 103:16-20 and proves the doctrine of the second stone or witness of the Father.

 

3 Nephi 21:20 ,29  For it shall come to pass, saith the Father, that at that day whosoever will not repent and come unto my Beloved Son (the man like Moses), them will I cut off from among my people, O house of Israel;

29  And they shall go out from all nations; and they shall not go out in haste, nor go by flight, for I will go before them, saith the Father, and I will be their rearward.

(3 Nephi 21:29)

 

 

 22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

 23 And it shall come to pass, [that] every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

 

                                    (Acts  3:22-23)

 

 37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

 

                                    (Acts  7:37)

 

 15  The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

 

                                    (Deut  18:15)

 

 

15 Behold, I say unto you, the redemption of Zion must needs come by power;

 16 Therefore, I will raise up unto my people a man, who shall lead them like as Moses (a modern Messiah, or second witness: the One Mighty and Strong, saith the Lord) led the children of Israel.

 17 For ye are the children of Israel, and of the seed of Abraham, and ye must needs be led out of bondage by power, and with a stretched-out arm.

 18 And as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be.

 19 Therefore, let not your hearts faint, for I say not unto you as I said unto your fathers: Mine angel shall go up before you, but not my presence.

 20 But I say unto you: Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence, and in time ye shall possess the goodly land.

 

                                    (D&C  103:15-20)

 

 

  • The Revelations of Jesus Christ: http://bookstore.iuniverse.com/Products/SKU-000020307/The-Revelations-of-Jesus-Christ.aspx
  • "But we ask, does it remain for a people who never had faith enough to call down one scrap of revelation from heaven, and for all they have now are indebted to the faith of another people...does it remain for them to say how much God has spoken and how much He has not spoken?"  Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Two 1834-37 Pg.60
  •  Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Six 1843-44 Pg.365
       When a man goes about prophesying, and commands men to obey his teachings, he must either be a true or false prophet.
     
  •  Our website: http://www.artbulla.com
  •  "All men are liars who say they are of the true Church without the revelations of Jesus Christ and the Priesthood of Melchizedek, which is after the order of the Son of God."  Joseph Smith; TPJS p. 376
  • "He that can mark the power of Omnipotence, inscribed upon the heavens, can also see God's own handwriting in the sacred volume: and he who reads it oftenest will like it best, and he who is acquainted with it, will know the hand wherever he can see it...." (T.P.J.S., p. 56)

·         10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. (New Testament | Galatians 1:10 - 12)

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home