Thursday, July 14, 2011

Listening to "Organizational Issues in the Kingdom of God" by Art Bulla on BlogTalkRadio http://t.co/W8URFeP

Organizational Issues in the Kingdom of God
by Art Bulla

Tue, Jul 12, 2011
8 Behold, mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion.
9 Will I accept of an offering, saith the Lord, that is not made in my name?
10 Or will I receive at your hands that which I have not appointed?
11 And will I appoint unto you, saith the Lord, except it be by law, even as I and my Father ordained unto you, before the world was?
12 I am the Lord thy God; and I give unto you this commandment--that no man shall come unto the Father but by me or by my word, which is my law, saith the Lord.
14 For whatsoever things remain are by me; and whatsoever things are not by me shall be shaken and destroyed.

(D&C 132:8-14)

Steadying the ark without authority: men must be called by the spirit of prophecy through the medium of the Lord's appointment, which is after the order of Melchizedek, and then ordained to act in his name, or their sacrifice is not acceptable as Cain's was not. Abel offered sacrifice properly. Then all intelligence is free to act in the sphere and calling appointed to it, in the proper order.

30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.

(D&C 93:30)

But there is order in the Kingdom of God. Men must not "run ahead" in what they think may be a "good work". Cohesion is paramount and disparate impulses that are not authorized by the Holy Order of God create confusion. The goal of Zion is to become of "one heart and mind", and to "see eye to eye", acheiving "the unity of the faith" to move as one man coordinated and dictated from above and not below.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home