Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Stand Alone

 Listening to "I Stand Alone" hosted by Art Bulla on #BlogTalkRadio http://tobtr.com/s/1478508
 

Original Air Date: January 20, 2011

I Stand Alone

I, Art Bulla, stand alone, combating the error of ages (including present errors of the priests of the Mormon Church). As did Joseph, my Joseph! With truth! Diamond truth!
 
"I combat the errors of ages; I meet the violence of mobs; I cope with illegal proceedings from executive authority; I cut the gordian knot of powers, and I solve mathematical problems of universities, with truth-diamond truth; and God is my "right hand man."" (Joseph Smith, History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 7 Vols. 6:78)
 
"Of course you follow out the figure, and say, 'the boldness of my plans and measures, together with their unparallelled success, so far, are calculated to throw a charm over my whole being; and to point me out as the most extraordinary man of the present age.' The boldness of my plans and meaures, can readily be tested by the touch-stone of all schemes, systems, projects, and adventures,-truth, for truth is a matter of fact; and the fact is, that by the power of God I translatated the Book of Mormon from hieroglyphics; the knowledge of which was lost to the world: in which wonderful event I stood alone, an unlearned youth, to combat the worldly wisdom, and multiplied ignorance of eighteen centuries, with a new revelation; which, (if they would receive the everlasting gospel,) would open the eyes of more than eight hundred millions of people, and make 'plain the old paths,' wherein if a man walk in all the ordinances of God blameless, he shall inherit eternal life; and Jesus Christ, who was, and is, and is to come, has borne me safely over every snare and plan, laid in secret or openly; through priestly hypocrisy, sectarian prejudice, popular philosophy, executive power, or law defying mobocracy, to destroy me." Joseph Smith. (Reply., Times and Seasons, vol. 4 (November 1842-November 1843), Vol. 4 No. 24 November 1, 1843, p.373)
 
O Lord God Almighty, when the prison doors of Tophet, hell, and the horrible pit are unlocked; and the entrance into outer darkness opened, to bring the damned before the bar of the Judge of all the earth for the final judgment, I think some few christians in company with their father Cain and cousins of "popular" priesthood, from that day down to the judgment trumpet, will "grin horribly a ghastly smile" YES, we killed the prophets and persecuted the saints, because they were not "popular."  Then your question will be answered.
As to the "crime, time and place, &c., of finding the Nephite record," its  revelation  is the very thing that produces an earthquake to this generation.  It explains the bible:  it opens the vision of the prophets; it unravels the mystery who first settled this country, and it shows the old paths wherein if a man walk he shall live.  It copes with the boasted knowledge of the world; it glitters through the combined fog of ages; shows that God who eat of a calf with Abraham, will eat and drink again on the earth with his saints, when the wolf and the lamb, and the lion and the ox, will be as friendly as the saints and seraphs, in the full fruition of bliss; it cuts the gordian knot of priestcraft, and reveals the priesthood of the Son of God, which is "without beginning of days or end of years" whereby it shows that prophets were ordained in eternity, when the "morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy:"  and it speaks from the dead, whereby the living can hear from their friends, who have fought the good fight of faith, and passed from life unto death, and from death unto life! and Stevens with his incidents of travels in Central America; and others who are opening the bowels of the earth, and rolling "ruins" into being; and ten thousand elders of Israel filled with the Holy Ghost, declaring the everlasting gospel with irresistible power and economy, that surpasses understanding; the great persecutions and murders which are dealt out without measure to its believers; and the distress of nations and the   signs that Jesus Christ said should be, like the sound of many waters, or of a great thunder, declare that it is eternal truth! and that your brother Joseph Smith was one of the Lord's anointed!  That he now sits with God in the heavens, and laughs at the calamities that will speedily wrap the world in wo! and that he will mock when their fear seizes the last hope of a crude existence!  (The Answer., Times and Seasons, vol. 5 (January 1844-January 1, 1845), No. 24. Nauvoo, Illinois, Jan. 1, 1845. Whole No. 108, p.757-758)
 

·         10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. (New Testament | Galatians 1:10 - 12)

Posted via email from The Redemption of Zion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home