Monday, September 27, 2010

Vision of the Pre-existance and the Mark of Cain

Listening to "Vision of the Pre-existance and the Mark of Cain" hosted by Art Bulla on #BlogTalkRadio http://tobtr.com/s/1238366
 

Original Air Date: September 26, 2010

Vision of the Pre-existance and the Mark of Cain

Definitive discourse of the curse of Cain, what is the mark of Cain, the reasons for this curse and why Israel should not associate but "be ye separate", saith the Lord. Mankind segregated before birth into three main races or grades. In the resurrection, the tripartite division will be a 1000 times greater in effect than now. Three kingdoms in resurrection strictly linear in relationship to three sons of Noah, Shemitic, Hamitic (the curse) and Japeth (Gentile nations), one glory of the sun, another of the moon, and still others, the glory of the stars. Justice of God began before birth in this delineation according to race. Will not be abrogated or annulled in the least by the wicked among men, who arrogate to themselves to speak "great swelling words against the Most High" and who "seek to change times and laws" (liberalism, saith the Lord). Vision of Mosiah Hancock of the war fought in heaven: "When about twenty-one years of age, I was permitted by the power of God, to go into His presence and into my former abode. 2 I saw the Eternal Father on His throne and His wives on His left side, all shining in glory; I saw the Savior and knew Him. 3 It takes the power of the Holy Ghost to tell the difference be¬tween the Father and the Son, they look so much alike. 4 Jesus said: "Mosiah, I have brought you here to show you how it was before you went to the earth. 5 "I had been to the earth; everything looked so natural and familiar. 6 I seemed to have been a companion of the Savior and talked with him like a friend. 7 Again, He spoke to me and said: "Look and see man as he came forth . 8 " I looked in the direction indicated and saw an innumerable line of God's children extending fur¬ther than I could see. 9 They were arranged in pairs, male and female, and passed in front of the Eternal Father who named them; and they were clad in long white robes with girdles tied around the waists; each pair seemed to have been created mates." (Note 1) etc.
 

Full text of the vision:
 

 

The Revelations of Jesus Christ

 

SECTION 53.

 

 

VISION OF THE PRE-EXISTANCE, GIVEN TO MOSIAH HANCOCK,

 

 

Mosiah, how I long once again to behold thy face in yonder realms of glory, Yea the glory I had with thee and the friendship I had with thee, my friend, from before the foundation of the world.  For I have striven with the sons of men, as thee, my friend, to turn them from their evil way, and their evil passions as they grovel themselves upon our and our Father's earth for a season, to see if they would be wor­thy of an eternal inheritance.  Yea, but they would not, therefor shall they not be cut off our Father's earth, and the meek, who have stifled their passions and disciplined themselves, according to the plans of the Gods, shall they not inherit the earth, saith the Lord?  For the words of our Brother shall not return again void, "He that seeketh his life shall lose it, but he that loseth his life for my sake shall gain it."  Yea, Mosiah, Mosiah, I, Art Bulla, have I not drunk out of that bitter cup also, and I have descended with thee below the stares, the frowns, and the calumny of men and women, that I might once again rejoin the sons and daughters of the Gods on high, that we may in­herit all that our Father hath?  For these things are after Oath and Covenant of the Order of the Ancients, who are without beginning of days nor end of years, and shall we not come up as they, hav­ing proven ourselves worthy of their approbation?  While the mean-minded gentile shall have non place among them, but shall be cut off forever and ever, worlds without end.   For I have seen also as it hath been revealed unto me by the power of the Holy Ghost, thy sacrifice, and great is thy name, saith the Lord, for it, saith the Lord shall be had in remembrance for thy noble sacrifice, from gen­eration to genera­tion among the Saints of the Most High.  I bless thee, my friend, by the power of the Melchizedec Priesthood which I hold, and hope to gather thee in my arms, that great and last day, when we meet at the feet of our Jesus.  Amen.  (I have re­ceived com­mandment from the Father to include this Vision of the Pre-existance in the body of the Revelations of Jesus Christ, despite the calumny and frowns and stares of the wicked, who know not my God.)

 

Body of the Vision: When about twenty-one years of age, I was permitted by the power of God, to go into His presence and into my former abode.

 2 I saw the Eternal Father on His throne and His wives on His left side, all shining in glory; I saw the Savior and knew Him.

 3 It takes the power of the Holy Ghost to tell the difference be­tween the Father and the Son, they look so much alike.

 4 Jesus said: "Mosiah, I have brought you here to show you how it was before you went to the earth.

 5 "I had been to the earth; ev­erything looked so natural and familiar.

 6 I seemed to have been a com­panion of the Sav­ior and talked with him like a friend.

 7 Again, He spoke to me and said: "Look and see man as he came forth .

 8 " I looked in the direction in­dicated and saw an innumerable line of God's children extending fur­ther than I could see.

 9 They were arranged in pairs, male and female, and passed in front of the Eternal Father who named them; and they were clad in long white robes with girdles tied around the waists; each pair seemed to have been created mates. (Note 1)

 10 When thus clothed, they were arranged in classes of about two hundred; the males sitting in front and the females behind them.

 11 They were taught in the arts and sciences, and everything necessary to make the heart happy.

 12 The teachers of the classes received the in­struction from cer­tain notable ones, who in turn got their directions from the Father and the Son.

 13 I thought I was one to over­look the classes; I also saw Joseph, Brigham, and many oth­ers en­gaged in this work of edu­cation.

 14 I thought as some became more efficient than others they were advanced from class to class.

 15 I thought my name was Mosiah, and the names of the other brethren there were the same as upon the earth.

 16 All at once there was a gath­ering of these spirits and the voice of the Great Eternal (for that is what we called God there) spoke: "Oh, ye my children," and His voice penetrated throughout space, so countless were His off­spring.

 17 "We have an earth prepared for you, on which you can dwell and have a chance to come up, through obeying our Heavenly laws.

 18 "I there heard the question asked: "Who will go down and set an example of humility and faith­fulness to these my children, that they may be brought, thru obedience to our laws, back into our presence?"

 19 I thought I saw one in the ex­press image of the Father say, "Father, I will go down and set a pat­tern of humility and pa­tience that your children, thru my ex­ample, may be brought back again.

 20 " How noble, I thought, He looked when He offered Himself so patient before the children of our Father.

 21 I saw another, who seemed to be a very high
 military officer who arose and said: "I will go down to yonder earth and surely I will bring all your children back to you so none of them shall be lost.

 22 "The plan of the first was ac­cepted as being the only sure plan for an exaltation.

 23 The plan of the second was rejected with great kindness; but the second was not satisfied; and while the first stood in great humility by the side of the Fa­ther, the second with many who stood in with him, went about among the Heavenly hosts to ad­vocate the plan, that was put forth as the rights of the second.

 24 This one was Lucifer, a son of the morning, for many had been with the Father for count­less ages, and learned their les­sons well, and he had been no dull scholar.

 25 Finally Lucifer openly re­belled against the Fa­ther and the Son, and six other mighty ones who stood faithful with them and declared, "I will have it my way.

 26 " I saw the faithful ones gather around the Fa­ther and the Son, and Lucifer's workers gathe­red around him, when one of the notable ones, who was called Mi­chael, arose and said, "We will de­cide the contest.

 27 " It seemed that a platform was extended into space, upon which we could operate, by what power I could not tell.

 28 We who were faithful to the Father and the Son, had a white star upon us, and the others chose a red star; about one third of the males and females would not accept of either star, but with­drew from the conflict, the females taking the males by the arm, said, "Come, let us not take part with either side.

 29 Let us retire.

 30 " (Note 2) (When they were cast out after the manner of spiri­tual warfare,) they had no power to return.

 31 When they were all cleared from the platform and Satan and his followers were all cast down,
their female companions wept, and we all wept.

 32 No females took part against the Father and the Son, but all took sides in their favor, except the neutral ones already men­tioned.

 33 After the tears were dried, from our eyes, the voice of the Great Eternal, spoke again and said, "Hear, O ye my chil­dren;" His voice penetrating the im­mensity of space so that all could hear it; it is decreed by the Great Eternal that the females shall not follow their males in their ban­ishment, but for every male that has kept his first estate and fought valiantly for the Father and the Son, there are two fe­males.

 34 Again it is decreed that those males who have taken no part in this great conflict shall keep their females and a race of servants shall they be.

 35 " I then saw that the notable ones who had taken such an in­terest in the rights of the Father and the Son, were appointed to gather up those lone females whose companions had been cast down.

 36 They were again placed in classes, each man having two females in the ranks behind him.

 37 I there saw that they were again taught in their classes, which now contained about three hun­dred.

 38 I next saw Michael and his companion pro­ceed a long way off, to people the earth where Lucifer and his followers had been cast.

 39 As time passed, other notable ones followed as they were ap­pointed.

 40 During all this time the classes met frequently, being taught by instructors appointed.

 41 Each member knew his or her own place, and took it each time, and the best of order pre­vailed.

 42 They were asked, first the males, and then fe­males behind them, "Will you obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ, when you go to that earth?"

43 Some would answer, yes but not all.

 44 Some would be asked, "Will you obey that law which placed the Gods on high?"

45 And in very few cases I would hear the females
 say, "I want my own mate.

 46 " Sometimes the question would be asked of a male, "Will you obey that higher law?

47 and he would answer, I wish to enjoy myself with the females.

 48 " Sometimes when the ques­tion would be asked of the fe­male, she would reply, "I wish to enjoy myself with the males.

 49 " Again the question would be asked of the males, "If you will not join the Church of Christ, what do you wish to be?

50 He would sometimes say, "I wish to be judge, or an officer of high rank among the people.

 51 " Then he would be asked, "Will you sustain the laws of God and also the rights of all man­kind?"

52 and the answer in every in­stance was "yes".

 53 " I saw there that those who were proficient in their classes were advanced more rapidly until they become most profi­cient in their classes were advanced more rapidly until they became most perfect in those heavenly teach­ings, but some males, even there in Heaven would neglect their females and their classes and not meet with them.

 54 They would go off, arm and arm, as men now go, not having any desire for their duties.

 55 I never saw a female leave her place in the class assigned her by the Heavenly powers.

 56 I saw Abraham, when he came back to be crowned.

 57 I saw them step upon the platform of the Gods and receive their crowns, and enter into their exal­tations.

 58 At last I saw the time when Joseph was to go forth, and the voice of the Great Eternal said, "Oh, my neglected daughters, gather around these my faithful servants who have been faithful in teaching you the principles of righteousness and of our king­dom, that others may come up and have the chance to be glori­fied.

 59 " I saw many of them gather around Brigham Young, John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff, and many
other notable ones, and around many who have not be­come so notable.

 60 They formed rings around each of them with Christ in the center each time, for He re­hearsed to them the Covenant.

 61 They would take each other by the hand, in the circle, and bow their faces down to Him, in the center, and in the most sol­emn manner agree to meet them here, until every one of those ne­glected daughters was provided for; and they were filled with such joy that their songs made a paradise of the realm.

 62 At last the time came for me to go to the earth.

 63 The Savior came to me and said, "Mosiah, it is time for you to go, that you may return and be as we are.

 64 " As I beheld Him, I thought, "How is it that I am not as you are now?"

65 For it seemed that I knew nothing of the earth of the changes a probation there would make in me.

 66 However, I said, "Who will go down to that earth, and be my father, and help me that I may be brought in the ways of righteous­ness?"

67 A male by the name of Levi stepped forth, in the presence of the Son, and said "I will go down to yonder earth, and by the help of the Great Eter­nal, I will try to do as well by you as you have done for me, for I am grateful to you for all your kindness to me.

 68 " He returned to his place, being an in­structor of a class.

 69 I was one among others who was appointed to instruct him and the other teachers of classes.

 70 A female came out of the class and bowing
be­fore the Savior and me, said, "I will go down and be your mother.

 71 " In a short time the man dis­appeared and was immediately followed by the woman.

 72 I knew my departure was near at hand and I asked, "If on my return I could h ave the same position I then held.

 73 " Then the Savior said, Yes, and greater, but you have to go down to the earth, and take a lowly position and be misunder­stood by man, even you brethren and endure many hardships and set many examples of humility and patience, that you may return and enter the glory, even such as I have.

 74 " he then added, "Your time is now come to take you mission to the earth," and He laid His hands on my head, as He had done to others, and set me apart for that important mission.

 75 He again said to me, "I will see you safely through until you return again.

 76 I fully believe on that prom­ise.

 77 (Note 3) It seemed as though a way was opened before me, and I dived down toward the earth with the speed of lightening and awoke while sailing thru space.

 78 The end.

 

_______________

1. Vision taken from Journal Mosiah Hancock; LDS Historical Department; SLC, Ut.

Note 1. One sentence placed here was left out bec­ause it was not readable.

Note 2. This sentence was changed to clarify its meaning, although the meaning was not changed in any way.

Note 3. Same.

Show Notes:

 

The following quote is often lifted out of context of many other doctrinally valid points to justify the historical revisionism going on in the Church today regarding the black race of Cain: You will see people possessed of different spirits; but I will say to you what I have heretofore frequently said, and what brother Joseph Smith has said, and what the Scripture teaches, your spirits when they came to take tabernacles were pure and holy, and prepared to receive knowledge, wisdom, and instruction, and to be taught while in the flesh; so that every son and daughter of Adam, if they would apply their minds to wisdom, and magnify their callings and improve upon every grace and means given them, would have tickets for the boxes, to use brother Hyde's figure, instead of going into the pit. There is no spirit but what was pure and holy when it came here from the celestial world. There is no spirit among the human family that was begotten in hell; none that were begotten by angels, or by any inferior being. They were not produced by any being less than our Father in heaven. He is the Father of our spirits; and if we could know, understand, and do His will, every soul would be prepared to return back into His presence. And when they get there, they would see that they had formerly lived there for ages, that they had previously been acquainted with every nook and corner, with the palaces, walks, and gardens; and they would embrace their Father, and He would embrace them and say, "My son, my daughter, I have you again;" and the child would say, "O my Father, my Father, I am here again."(Journal of Discourses, 26 vols., 4:, p.269)

 

What is the reason for this condition, we ask, and I find it to my satisfaction to think that as spirit children of our Eternal Father they were not valiant in the fight. We are told that Michael and his angels fought, and we understand that we stood with Christ our Lord, on the platform, "Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever." I cannot conceive our Father consigning his children to a condition such as that of the negro race, if they had been valiant in the spirit world in that war in heaven. Neither could they have been a part of those who rebelled and were cast down, for the latter had not the privilege of tabernacling in the flesh. Somewhere along the line were these spirits, indifferent perhaps, and possibly neutral in the war. We have no definite knowledge concerning this. But I learn this lesson from it, brethren and sisters, and I believe we all should, that it does not pay in religious matters, matters that pertain to our eternal salvation, to be indifferent, neutral, or lukewarm. he Lord, through one of his servants, addressing the angel of the church of the Laodiceans, said:  (Elder George F. Richards, Conference Report, April 1939, Second Day-Morning Meeting, p.59)

 

The Curse Continued Through Ham's Posterity

 

(The Curse Continued Through Ham's Posterity

)

 

(The Curse Continued Through Ham's Posterity

1)

 

It is generally believed that the curse placed on Cain was continued in his posterity and that through the seed of Ham this curse was brought through the flood. Since Ham was the son of Noah, we must conclude that it was not Ham who had the black skin and was a descendant of Cain. However, there is in the Church the general belief that Ham married a woman who was a descendant of Cain, and in this way the curse of Cain was continued after the flood in Ham's posterity. Some of the brethren who were associated with the Prophet Joseph Smith have declared that he taught this doctrine. That the wife of Ham was a descendant of Cain seems to be embodied in the following passages in the Book of Abraham:

 

Now this king of Egypt was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites by birth.

 

From this descent sprang all the Egyptians, and thus the blood of the Canaanites was preserved in the land.

 

The land of Egypt being first discovered by a woman, who was the daughter of Ham, and the daughter of Egyptus, which in the Chaldean signifies Egypt, which signifies that which is forbidden.

 

When this woman discovered the land it was under water, who afterwards settled her sons in it; and thus, from Ham, sprang the race which preserved the curse in the land.-Abraham 1:21-24.

 

 

(Joseph Fielding Smith, The Way to Perfection, p.103-104)

 

Egyptus

 

(Egyptus

)

 

(Egyptus

1)

 

We see that the wife of Ham was named Egyptus, which name signifies "that which is forbidden." We know it was the custom in those early times to give to children names conveying a definite meaning based upon some striking event connected with birth or early life, or to point out and fix attention on some peculiarity of character or habit which they may have formed. Frequently, in later life, names were changed because some outstanding event in or characteristic of the life of the individual was discovered. In this manner the name of Esau was changed. At his birth he was called Esau because he was covered with "an hairy garment," but later in life when he sold his birthright his name was changed to Edom because of that event, and his descendants were known as Edomites. So it appears very probable that Egyptus was so named because she partook of the curse of her fathers. Moreover, this thought is strengthened in the statement that from Ham sprang the race which preserved the curse in the land. The implication seems to be very strong that this curse preserved through the seed of Ham was a curse which came from the other side of the flood. Elder B. H. Roberts several years ago discussed this question as follows:

 

Now, why is it that the seed of Ham was cursed as pertaining to the Priesthood? Why is it that his seed "could not have right to the Priesthood?" Ham's wife was named "Egyptus," which in the Chaldean signifies Egypt, which signifies that which is forbidden; * * * and thus from Ham sprang the race which preserved the curse in the land." Was the wife of Ham, as her name signifies, of a race with which those who held the Priesthood were forbidden to intermarry? Was she a descendant of Cain, who was cursed for murdering his brother? And was it by Ham marrying her, and she being saved from the flood in the ark, that "the race which preserved the curse in the land" was perpetuated? If so, then I believe that race is the one through which it is ordained those spirits that were not valiant in the great rebellion in heaven should come; who, through their indifference or lack of integrity to righteousness, rendered themselves unworthy of the Priesthood and its powers, and hence it is withheld from them to this day.-Contributor 6:297.

 

 

(Joseph Fielding Smith, The Way to Perfection, p.105)

 

No Neutrals in Heaven

 

(No Neutrals in Heaven

Posted via email from The Redemption of Zion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home