Saturday, September 25, 2010

Listening to "A Vision of Hell" hosted by Art Bulla on BlogTalkRadio http://ping.fm/Bpw2N

Original Air Date: September 23, 2010
A Vision of Hell

Souls of wicked are tormented and destroyed by hoards of beings. NDE of Howard Storm, an atheist. Joseph Smith's experience with this power arrayed against the righteous. "By this time it was almost complete darkness, and I had the sense that instead of there being twenty or thirty, there were an innumerable host of them. Each one seemed set on coming in for the sport they got from hurting me. My attempts to fight back only provoked greater merriment. They began to physically humiliate me in the most degrading ways. As I continued to fight on and on, I was aware that they weren't in any hurry to win. They were playing with me just as a cat plays with a mouse. Every new assault brought howls of cacophony. Then at some point, they began to tear off pieces of my flesh. To my horror I realized I was being taken apart and eaten alive, slowly, so that their entertainment would last as long a possible. At no time did I ever have any sense that the beings who seduced and attacked me were anything other than human beings. The best way I can describe them is to think of the worst imaginable person stripped of every impulse to do good. Some of them seemed to be able to tell others what to do, but I had no sense of any structure or hierarchy in an organizational sense. They didn't appear to be controlled or directed by anyone. Basically they were a mob of beings totally driven by unbridled cruelty and passions. During our struggle I noticed that they seemed to feel no pain. Other than that they appeared to possess no special nonhuman or superhuman abilities. Although during my initial experience with them I assumed that they were clothed, in our intimate physical contact I never felt any clothing whatsoever." Howard Storm. "...immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me...to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. ...it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction." (Joseph Smith; JS-H 1:15)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home