Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Revelations of Jesus Christ



Revelation to polygamists, received May 26, 2010



The OMS is here. No one is authorized to take more than one wife unless the
Lord (through his anointed, and there is never but one on the earth at a
time, saith the Lord) says otherwise. (See D&C 132:7). Rebellion against my
Holy Order in these things is wickedness and sectarianism which, saith the
Lord, shall be requited upon their own heads for stealing from the heir his
righteous perogative in the Priesthood. No one taketh this honor, saith the
Lord, unto himself except he is called and ordained as was Moses. This law
(the law of Abraham) hath not been abrogated or done away by the wickedness,
foolishness and rebellion of the chidren of men in their ignorance and
foolishness, in the least degree. Therefore enter in at the gate and seek
not to climb up some other way than that of the medium of the anointed of
the Lord who is the gate. For did I not also say, seek ye first the Kingdom
of God and its righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you,
but in their proper order? For where I am ye shall not come. Even so my
House is a house of order and not confusion. Shall I allow in heaven that
confusion of tongues which is below, for many would trample all under feet,
even that which is holy, even the Lord God of Israel if it were in their
power. Even so. Amen.

In the afternoon, rode to the prairie to show some of the brethren some
land. Evening, at home, and walked up and down the streets with my scribe.
Gave instructions to try those persons who were preaching, teaching, or
practicing the doctrine of plurality of wives; for, according to the law, I
hold the keys of this power in the last days; for there is never but one on
earth at a time on whom the power and its keys are conferred; and I have
constantly said no man shall have but one wife at a time, unless the Lord
directs otherwise. (Oct. 5, 1843.)

(Joseph Smith, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, selected and arranged
by Joseph Fielding Smith, p.323


7 And verily I say unto you, that the conditions of this law are these: All
covenants, contracts, bonds, obligations, oaths, vows, performances,
connections, associations, or expectations, that are not made and entered
into and sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, of him who is anointed, both
as well for time and for all eternity, and that too most holy, by revelation
and commandment through the medium of mine anointed, whom I have appointed
on the earth to hold this power (and I have appointed unto my servant Joseph
to hold this power in the last days, and there is never but one on the earth
at a time on whom this power and the keys of this priesthood are conferred),
are of no efficacy, virtue, or force in and after the resurrection from the
dead; for all contracts that are not made unto this end have an end when men
are dead.
8 Behold, mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a
house of confusion.
9 Will I accept of an offering, saith the Lord, that is not made in my
name?
10 Or will I receive at your hands that which I have not appointed?
11 And will I appoint unto you, saith the Lord, except it be by law, even
as I and my Father ordained unto you, before the world was?
12 I am the Lord thy God; and I give unto you this commandment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home